College Scholarship Program
Aspire, Pursue & Achieve.
Our Vince Jacknewitz College Scholarship Program returns awarding six $1500 scholarships to credit union members who are graduating high school this spring. The scholarship focuses on a three-page essay or a short video with consideration given to scholastic standing and extracurricular activities. Apply here today!
- Some parents assign duties in exchange for an allowance such as cutting the grass or cleaning the house, while other parents give allowances without any requirements. Some parents might reward their children with money for getting good grades. What was your situation at home and how do you believe it helped you learn about money?
Visit our Helpful Resources section of the website [Click Here]. There you will find a series of videos concerning six topics: Money Basics, Home Ownership, Family Financial Planning, Car Buying, Credit Management, Starting a Business or Retirement Planning. Select one of these topics by clicking on the picture/topic. A series of videos will come up. Choose at least two of the videos related to that subject. Write an essay on the video topics that you chose to view and what you learned from each video.
For video submissions...
Please submit original video via YouTube with the following criteria and topic:
- Create a 2-3 minute video similar to the educational videos on the Credit Union’s website under Helpful Resources. There you will find a series of videos concerning six topics: Money Basics, Home Ownership, Family Financial Planning, Car Buying, Credit Management, Starting a Business or Retirement Planning. Choose a brand new topic not listed there. It must be a tool to assist members on some type of financial education (Any use or resemblance of the Credit Union's logo is prohibited).
Applicants must submit:
- An official high school transcript including 1st semester of senior year
- Letter of acceptance from the college of choice
- Completed 2019 official application
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or work/volunteer supervisor
The scholarship program will close for applications on March 31, 2019. For additional questions, please contact Sheila at email@example.com.
About the Program:
The Vince Jacknewitz College Scholarship Program is one of several American Eagle Credit Union Foundation programs. Our foundation promotes collaboration and best practices, calling for projects that bring non-profit organizations together to provide quality financial education and easy access to banking opportunities for young people and families most in need of these opportunities